I've been making this granola for years. We obviously love it. It's one that can be easily changed or adjusted to meet your taste requirements at the moment. Ryan takes this granola and some yogurt to work every morning. I'd also suggest trying it with a little orange juice - I know it sounds weird, but give it a try.
adapted from Alton Brown
3 c old-fashioned rolled oats
1 - 2 c nuts
3/4 c shredded sweetened coconut
1/4 c plus 2T dark brown sugar
1/4 c plus 2T maple syrup
1/4 c vegetable oil3/4t salt
1 c dried fruit
1. Preheat oven to 250.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except dried fruit. Pour onto a cookie sheet.
3. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve even coloring. You may not need the entire cooking time which is why it's important to stir the granola. My oven gets this cooked to the coloring we like in 45 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and immediately pour back into bowl. Add dried fruit and mix.
No comments:
Post a Comment